The MST also struggles for access to health care and strives to grow and utilize local herbs and ingredients in living pharmacies on settlements and encampments: The MST has achieved:
• Training of community health educators;
• Development of STD/HIV/AIDS prevention program in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MS);
• Development of the Land and Health Program, a program for promoting the cultivation of medicinal plants, in partnership with FIOCRUZ/Petrobras/MS;
• Medical training in Cuba for Completed by 28 landless youths from settlements and another 100 landless young people studying medicine in Cuba and Venezuela;
• Completion of diagnostic assessments, in partnership with UnB and the MS, reaching 9,000 settled families regarding quality of life and housing, in partnership with UNB/ Ministry of Health.